Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Announcements: All 2Pol

The preferred reference for Fili and Noli is the Penguin Classics publication as translated by Harold Augenbraum.

I will be uploading the course syllabus by Monday.  As for now, please be reminded that within every week, Day 1 (Tuesday) is discussion day, Day 2 (Thursday) is surprise quiz day, and Day 3 ( Saturday is discussion or activity day (which can help pull up your grades).

I will always recognize excused absences, but I will not give make-up quizzes.  Only Make-up major exams will be allowed.  The same will apply to any class activity.  Hence avoid being absent, particularly on graded days.  One solution that is open to all of you is to recover that missed graded (quiz or activity) with any accomplishment material that boosts our department.  These include certificates for participating in events (such as seminars, outreach, community development, competitions), recognized researches (through conference presentations or publications), and of course medals and awards.  These should be scanned and submitted to me. Also, following those with perfect attendance but have such credentials can submit to me for credit. Student life is a balance between the inside of the classroom and outside accomplishments.  These accomplishments are recognized in my Rizal class, since as I mentioned today, I want you to be heroes in your own right.  And you do not achieve by just simply being bookish.

For Les Miserables the following lyrics will be your readings:


  1. Prologue
  2. Valjean's Soliloquy
  3. At the End of the Day
  4. I Dreamed a Dream
  5. Lovely Ladies
  6. The Confrontation
  7. Look Down
  8. Stars
  9. ABC Cafe / Red and Black
  10. Do You Hear the People Sing
  11. Dog Eats Dog
  12. Javert's Suicide
  13. The Wedding Chorale
  14. Epilogue

I look forward to a productive 2nd semester with you.

- Empress

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start comment with your surname,first name.